Thursday, June 18, 2009

Laughing Through the Crap

I woke this morning with a heavy cloud hanging over me. My thoughts were consumed by everything that was seemingly going "wrong" in my day and in my life. Recognizing that it was important for me to move from this space, I decided to make that happen. My movement involved going for a walk with my daughter. As we were walking, my thoughts brightened a bit. With the darkness letting a little light in, I noticed I was still feeling stuck with the cloud hanging over me. Only now it was quite literal. The sky was getting dark as the storm predicted for our area was closing in all around us. I was feeling horrible, physically and emotionally. I was walking with my 2 month old daughter attached to me snuggled in her wrap. As we were walking she had a blow out bowel movement. It leaked out of her diaper, onto her wrap, onto her clothes, on my clothes, everywhere.
"Great! Now I'm not only feeling like crap, I'm covered in it too!" And that is when it hit me. Of course I was covered in and surrounded in crap. What else could I expect? All morning I had been giving my attention to negative, crappy energy! The thought that my negative energy and attention to it may have contributed to creating the mess of the situation, made me laugh out loud as I was clearing away the mess from my daughter and all over me.
Have you ever had one of those days. It starts off sour and it continues to intensify and get seemingly WORSE? How could your energy and way of being in your day be contributing to your mess? What would it take for you to make a shift? How much crap will you be smothered by before you shift your energy toward the positive and what you WANT to create? Take notice of where your energy is. With that awareness, where is that energy taking your attention?. What are you giving your attention to? What is it producing in your life? If your thoughts become your reality, what are you creating for yourself today? Gotta run, I have more poop to clean up from my daughter's bottom again, this time it is contained and not all over! Thanks Sweet Girl for being such a wonderful teacher to your momma!

No comments: