Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Am I attractive?"


I recently saw an article about teen girls posting videos of themselves on YouTube inquiring, "Am I Attractive?"  If you are anything like me you are feeling saddened at their desperate quest for approval.  I may not be going to the same extreme for approval, and yet there are times when I too find myself being defined by what you, they, he/she thinks about me.  If we are defined by what others think of us, then who do we become?  When do we know who's critique to give attention to? When do we know the search for critiquing is complete?  We cannot control what others are going to say or think about us.  What we can control is who we are choosing to show up as.  What we can control are our thoughts about who we are.  We can choose what to do with the feedback that we receive.  Feedback can be appreciated and helpful, yet it does not have much meaning if we do not have a solid understanding of who we are.  Who you are, is amazing!  Who you are, is prosperous!  Who you are, is love.  What more would you add to your list of who you are?

No comments: