Thursday, April 25, 2013

Confessions of Motherhood

I have a confession to make.  Last year, all I wanted for Mother's Day was a BREAK from being "Mom".
I realize that there will be a time when I read that statement and realize that I was missing the joy of parenting and I would agree.  At that time, I was TOTALLY missing the joy of mothering!  In fact, I was looking to escape parenting at any (nearly every) opportunity I could.  This year, I am looking forward to Mother's Day and special time with my family.  What makes this year different? There are several factors involved, the greatest one being that I have reconnected with the passion within me that exists beyond mothering.  Parenting is WONDERFUL.  It is rewarding.  It can be fun.  It is invigorating at times.  AND, I have passions, desires, longings that go beyond what mothering can provide.  I've noticed that the more I take time out for myself, to fuel my soul with my passions, the more I connect with the joys of being a mom.  Somewhere along the way of becoming a parent I adopted the belief that I had to GIVE UP to be the kind of parent I want to be.  That didn't work very well.  In fact, it created resentment and anger.  I now realize that I do not have to give up, but instead redefine and discover what it means to 
integrate all aspects of who I am into my life.  I am a successfully growing entrepreneur. I am a loving, patient and present mother.  I'm learning to get out of the way of my self-imposed limiting beliefs move toward the bigger picture of having it all!  I hold that same belief for you!  What self-imposed limitation are you ready to release so that you can more fully embrace the ease and joy of what awaits you? 

No comments: